
So this week was super busy! School is getting rough and the social fun just keeps on flowing. A friend of mine was having his 26th birthday and every year there is a big camping adventure. We went to a super remote location in Northern Utah that you can only access by 4x4 vehicles. Just the drive up was a blast...like Indiana Jones! :)
Anyway, the camping was a ton of fun...I was FREEZING though. Luckily I have some of the greatest friends ever who loaned me their coats, an extra sleeping bag, and two additional blankets to keep me warm. We just played around the fire, cooked dinner, jumped over the fire, stuffed cake in Zach's face, set up our tents and stuff, and just had a good time. I expected the sun to be up really early, but it didn't, so I woke up at about 7am. Luckily, since I was freezing, Doug woke up about 10 minutes before me and had started a fire. After everyone woke up, we made breakfast, laughed and joked around, then packed up. Since we were in such a remote location, we got lost coming out of the canyon, but it was beautiful; I'm glad we got to see it in the light this time.
After we made it back into Provo, my roommate and Doug and I went and did a temple session...something I've been needing to do all week and never got around to it, so it was great to be able to go. After all that, I reached exhaustion...too much good stuff going on. I used my last few conscious moments to watch the Relief Society General Broadcast. I was so glad that I was able to stay up...it was just what I needed. I then got everything prepared for Sunday...So I went to bed early...well 10, but that's early lately.
Today, church was great. Got to all my meetings; conducted Relief Society calling trainings, had a stake Relief Society meeting, went to a ward BBQ, then fed ducks with some Jen and some guys from the ward. After ducks, we went to ward prayer, and that brings me to now...busy! But good!
Pics of camping to come later.

1 comment:
The camping sounds fun!
Post a Comment