Do you ever feel like you've totally missed the mark in life?
I was on my way to bed tonight when one of my roommates stopped me and asked me a question. I could tell that she was about to cry and that something was very wrong. I asked her what the matter was and she opened up to me about something that she is having a great deal of trouble with in her life right now. It just so happens that we have something in common, but while I am a seasoned veteran, she is just starting her journey of the unknown, and its scary! I don't even knowwhat I said to her, but she gave me a big hug and thanked me for what I said and for listening to her.
As she sat there crying and sharing her frustrations, I saw myself years ago doing the same thing and my heart went out to her. I am grateful for her opening up to me and allowing me to help her because I have been very sick this month as well, and it allowed me to forget myself.
Mosiah 18: 9
Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with those of the first resurrection, that ye may have eternal life—

No comments:
Post a Comment