Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Conference


So, this last weekend was conference weekend. I've been in Utah now for 3 years and I had still not been to conference...horrible right?! So, it just so happens that our ward was given some tickets and the bishop gave them to the Relief Society presidency (perk of the presidency!) So it ended up that two of the four presidency members couldn't attend, so the two of us left got to bring a date. I asked a new guy in the ward that I met at FHE, he turned out to be really nice and he'd never been to conference as well, so it all worked out for the best. Then I hooked the other presidency member up with a guy friend of mine, so we all had a swell time! I don't think I've ever seen or experienced anything like it. The amount of people, which I understand is large, was even larger than I had imagined. It was amazing! And being in conference during the sustaining left me in awe...to see and feel all those people and millions more that were watching elsewhere sustain our prophets, seers, revelators, and church leaders was breathtaking. It was just a great time! After all of conference concluded, we had some more friends over to my apartment for a potluck. We ate, played games and just had a good time. Great weekend!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Provo, Utah, United States