Saturday, February 20, 2010

A New Day

Well, it's been over a year since I last wrote in this blog and a lot has happened since then so I don't know where to begin. I guess I'll pick it up from the heart.

It's hard to believe that devastation swept over me a few months ago, but slowly but surely I see the big picture. Elements of life reveal themselves and the pieces of my life make sense again. Almost makes me ashamed for feeling lost even for a second. I guess the important thing is that I'm making the most of what I have and it's going to be exactly what I make it...which is wonderful!

2 comments:

Jaclyn said...

I may not know the details but good for you!! Good luck with this new attitude! :)

d.jo said...

That's a little sad and happy at the same time...sad that you were feeling that way, and fortunate that you feel like you're breaking out of it. I hope you're hanging in there. No one should have to feel devestation for long periods of time. I've been getting in rutts lately, too. Sometimes it's really hard to stay focussed on the eternal perspective. Sometimes those emotions play off of each other and make it hard to ignore it. There's a conference talk about "the six destructive d's...doubt, discouragement, distraction, lack of diligence, disobedience, and disbelief." They kind of play off each other and one leads to another & when I go through hard things I tend to get stuck in the discouragement/depression part of it for a lot longer than I should. It's all in the way you look at it, though, and if you change the way you view it you can break out of that...it's easier said than done, sometimes, though. Love you, Jessica! I look forward to reading your posts more often! I'm glad that you didn't delete your blog, because I was beginning to wonder. : )

About Me

My photo
Provo, Utah, United States