Saturday, November 8, 2008

Forget-Me-Not


I have a favorite poem. My mother found a china plate in an antique store with one of my favorite flowers on it, forget me not's. It just happened to have this lovely little poem on it and I have read it almost every day since. I wanted to share it here with all of you, for the simple purpose of bearing a small portion of my testimony. I believe it holds a rather important message that we can all take from it.

Forget-Me-Not
When to the flowers so beautiful
The Father gave a name
Back came a little blue-eyed one
(All timidly it came);
And standing at its Father's feet
And gazing in His face,
It said, in low and trembling tones
"Dear God, the name Thou gavest me,
Alas! I have forgot."
Kindly the Father looked Him down
And said: "Forget Me Not"

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Provo, Utah, United States